In recognition of her vision and excellence during over 24 years of service, the Massachusetts Adult Immunization Coalition is pleased to recognize the extraordinary work of Donna Lazorik in advancing adult immunization efforts to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities while she worked at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Donna is well known for her vision, passion, creativity and excellence during 24 years of service.
- Chair of the Massachusetts Adult Immunization Coalition
- Creation of strong public and private partnerships with local boards of health, pharmacies, employers, community health centers, professional associations and others to increase vaccination access
- Advocacy for expansion of pharmacists’ authority to administer all ACIP-recommended vaccines for adults
- Led Massachusetts to achieve the highest influenza vaccination rate in the nation for all residents 6 months of age and older for the 2012-2013 flu season
- Provision of critical leadership during the the 2009-10 influenza A H1N1 pandemic
- Reduction of disparities in immunization rates
- Development of a nationally recognized billing system for public sector immunization efforts
- Implementation of the perinatal hepatitis B prevention program
- Contributions to international and refugee health improvement
Massachusetts has greatly benefited from Donna’s tireless dedication and guidance. We wish her well in her retirement from state service and we are honored to dedicate this page to her!